2016年1月5日 星期二

Why I am called to be a Certified Family Coach

這是修讀課程前要提交的自我表述:




Ever since I have become a mum 11 years ago, my life is never like it used to be before.  I suddenly realised I held responsible for another person’s life and start to find out if there are some certain formula which can teach me to be a perfect mum.


After reading tonnes of reference books from “What to expect when you’re expecting”, “how to talk so your kids will listen”, to attending child psychology courses and many other talks and seminars, I find that there is no one single success formula to parenting. Each kid is unique, especially after my son was born 3 years later.  I have only come to a brief conclusion that there is no perfect mum and no single successful formula , yet the only universal rule is we as parent must be mindful and change our own thinking in the first place.


Kids come to our world as a piece of blank paper and parent is their first teacher, first influencer to help them paint their life.  My previous training in NLP and hypnosis have shown that lots of psychological disorders or depressions are hugely related to unpleasant childhood experiences and even relationships with ones’ own parents.  Hence, I started to think if we would like to correct a child’s problem, we should start with the parent first. And I have developed an interest in topics regarding parenting.


I’ve been trying to apply some of this skills and theories into my own parenting.  I would say so far so good as I’ve a supportive husband who on the same page with me on parenting.  Both of us agree that as parent we couldn’t force our kids to do what we make them to, and we don’t own their life.  Each person is an independent life and they have their own life purpose to fulfil.  Being their parent, our role is not to plan their life but rather be standing by their side to guide them, to encourage and help them realise their dreams.  But I still don’t know how to do it right. This has made me to come to check out “parent coaching” cos’ it should be able to equip  me with the tools in applying our beliefs.  This is one of the calling for me to do the course.


On the other hand, it has always been on my mind to change to a second career.  I am lucky that my current job  allows me to work from home if required.  It suited me well as my priority is on my kids instead of career and I am not at all an ambitious type to climb up to the top in the corporate world. But in recent years, I’ve come to a point of pursuing something else that could be more fulfilling. Counselling  or  education is kind of the areas which I’ve considered for my next career move, but I have hesitated in doing it all over again by doing a post-graduate diploma. I’ve taken courses in NLP and hypnotherapy, but I found my interest still lies in its application to kids.  Then I come across “parent coaching” and I believe it must be a good starting point for me.  I will be thrilled to be doing something that can help like-minded parents and in a way they can raise positive kids, who will be the future backbone of the society.
I’m only hoping that I will be able to take away with a systematic approach to facilitate my kids. If it works for them and I feel confidence in myself that I couldn’t wait to share this with parents around, I will be looking forward to pursue my career as a “parent coach” in the near future.

沒有留言:

張貼留言

父母效能訓練課程 [2019年9月][荔枝角]

Parent Effectiveness Training (P.E.T.) 父母效能訓練 課程    (2019 年 9 月份 )周二荔枝角廣東話班 父母效能訓練 (P.E.T.) 是現時全球首屈一指的親子育兒課程。 P.E.T. 是由屢獲殊榮的心理學...